To all clubs,
Just a reminder to have your marshals organised for the first round. A big thanks to “Mr Sparkie” who has continued to sponsor the vests for us.
The Marshalls will be in use for the 2019 season from round 1. Please remember to organise a person for each game that your club is participating in.
The vests will be with:
Albury – at the canteen
Wodonga – at the canteen (or hanging in the umpires dugout)
Corowa – with United
Wangaratta – with Wangaratta
Beechworth – with Beechworth
Please ensure that when the game is finished that they immediately go back to where they came from for the next team to use.
Remember that the Marshals must:
- be 18 years of age or older;
- wear the vest as this readily identifies them as your Marshall;
- walk around the field used throughout the match and ensure they are clearly visible to Spectators, and are in an appropriate spot for monitoring off-field incidents and behaviour
- the Marshall must, if it is safe to do so, remind spectators of their obligation to comply with the HAW Code of Behaviour and issue any reasonable direction
- If any spectator fails to comply with the Marshalls reasonable directions, the Marshal should contact their Club or HAW for further assistance
- not engage in any verbal or physical altercations
- not consume alcohol or smoke while acting as a Marshal
- not, unless it is safe to do so, approach opposition Spectators behaving inappropriately and must instead approach the opposition Marshall to resolve any issues.
Further details are in the policy on the HAW web.
If there are issues then the appropriate form on the web is to be filled in and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (or put in the results box)
The form to report any issues (which ideally will not be needed) can be located at http://www.haw.net.au/Information/Rules-Policies
Sports Operations Manager
The secure place for the scoreboard controller for AHC1 is the small white box in the umpires’ dugout and it has a combination lock.
The code to open it is 429 (which if you look at a mobile keypad, it spells HAW)
Please ensure that:
- Your managers are aware of the code so they can access the controller for games
- After the last game of the day, the controller is locked back in the white box and plugged in so it can charge for the next time it is needed.
Today we have had a new scoreboard installed on AHC2. Unlike AHC1 the scoreboard is attached to the wall via a cord to run (it does not have to be charged.
It is to be put in the box where the controller has always been stored. At this stage there is no security on the box, but at will change as soon as I can organise it. The code will be the same as on ground 1
IF YOU ARE THE LAST TEAM AT THE GROUNDS ON A PARTICULAR DAY CAN YOU PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE CONTROLLERS ARE PACKED AWAY AT THE END OF THE DAY AND THE SCOREBORAD IS TURNED OFF – MANY THANKS
Sports Operations Manager
Tonight, Jarrad Crosbie, Fiona Beath and Le-Vene Horne attended the HAW Presidents and Secretaries meeting.
The first three rounds of the draw will be released in the next two to three days. You will be able to access the draw from the Hockey Albury Wodonga website. As soon as we see that it is available, we will list all our teams and the times they are playing on our facebook page.
Just the heads up to the both our men and women’s Division 1 teams, this year you will be following the FIH rules of 4 1/4s of hockey (15 minutes each quarter). More information will follow from HAW in the coming week.
There are also a number of new rules this year. We will post this information on the website and Facebook page when we receive this information from the Director of Umpiring.
Also, attached is the link for Hockey Victoria Registration. Please make sure that you have registered before taking to the field at training next week. If you are having trouble registering, please contact the club.
Hockey Victoria Registration – Junior (8yrs and under) $20
Junior (Aged 9-10yrs) $50
Youth (Aged 11-17 yrs) $70
Adult (Aged 18yrs) $85
Adult (Aged 19 +) $97
Looking forward to seeing you all at training next Tuesday before Round 1 begins on Friday 5th April. 🏑😀
Norths Hockey Club Annual General Meeting will be held on Sunday 17 February 2019, 12 noon in the Function room at the Northside Hotel Albury.
Nomination forms to join the Norths Hockey Club committee can be found on the clubs website. Nominations close COB Friday 15 February 2019.
If you have any further questions regarding the AGM, please contact the Gay Harvey.